Reading is a much better alternative to television or social media when it comes to winding down at night. This light from Vont clips directly onto books with a strong, stable grip. It has a touch sensor on/off switch rather than a click switch, and (3) levels of lighting. USB charging is also a great feature. This is a wonderful stocking stuffer this holiday season and is definitely an essential for reading.
A change of seasons, including shorter days and longer nights can have a direct impact on sleep. If you find that the change of seasons is impacting sleep, a quick fix is to turn off the electronics and read instead. Need even more reasons to create a reading schedule? Check out the top benefits of picking up a book:
- improves brain connectivity.
- increases your vocabulary and comprehension.
- empowers you to empathize.
- aids in sleep readiness.
- reduces stress.
- lowers blood pressure and heart rate.
- fights depression symptoms.
- prevents cognitive decline as you age.
- contributes to a longer life.
Need even more inspiration?! Check out a few books to read this month:
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Mindfulness by Dr. Danny Penman
- Pour Your Heart Into It – Starbucks by Howard Schultz
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child
- Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan
Treat yourself to a Vont light and a new book today!