Move over coconut oil, there’s a new skincare powerhouse in town. I’ve never tried mango butter on its own, though I’m sure it’s been a sub-ingredient in some of the skincare I’ve tested. I have a huge jar of it from Sky Organics – they make my favorite bath bombs (I think they have a huge product line but the only other item I’ve tried so far are the bath bombs). I love you Lush, but their bath bombs do not stain over there at Sky Organics 🙂 So I decided to see what this mango butter does exactly and here is the run down:
– Anti-Aging. It smoothes fine lines and wrinkles due to the high Vitamin A.
– It hydrates and soothes dry, irritated scalps. You can melt it just like you would do with coconut oil, massage into your scalp, let it sit overnight or for a little bit than rinse out. This is how I tried it (dry, frizzy hair over here even after attempting a DIY keratin treatment at home / semi-fail) and it made my hair super soft and less breakage.
– It evens out skin tone (you hear that stretch marks?!) It’s also very moisturizing just in time for the summer months. I melt a little bit with a few drops of essential oil. It’s especially great for bug bites (my biggest summer skincare issue, eh, hate it!)
– It can also be used as a deep conditioner for your hair. I use a dime sized amount than mix in my favorite curly hair mousse.
– It doesn’t smell like mangos! This was my biggest misconception. I was slightly excited to open up the jar and smell a big juicy tropical mango. But, alas this is a good thing because it shows there are ZERO artificial additives, this is a 100% pure product.