I love this recipe so much and I’ve been making it forever. I even have a video on it here Caitlin Cooks Pancake and I basically did the same exact thing except I added berries to the pan before pouring over the batter. My daughter went nuts over this (she loves anything I cook) but this one was a win. You can sprinkle it with powdered sugar (I’m cutting back) but if you want an added layer of sweetness, it’s heaven.
1/2C all-purpose flour
1/2C milk (I used 2%)
2T granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1tsp vanilla extract
1tsp almond extract
1/2C fresh berries
1 large egg
1 large egg white
Powder Sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425*. Butter a cast iron skillet and add the berries. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, milk, granulated sugar, extracts, salt and eggs. Mix with a whisk.
3. Pour batter into the skillet right over those berries.
4. Put pan in the oven and bake for 18 minutes or until brown on top (make sure you watch it so it doesn’t burn).
5. Sprinkle with a generous amount of powdered sugar, cut into quarters and serve immediately while it’s still warm!