5C all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1T baking powder
1 stick unsalted butter, cubed
3T caraway seeds
2 1/2C buttermilk
1 large egg, beaten lightly
1. Preheat your oven to 350*F. Butter a 10 by 12 in dish. Whisk the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the butter to the flour mixture and using your fingers, rub it until it makes crumbs.
3. Add raisins and caraway, buttermilk and egg. Stir with hands (dough is sticky and thick).
4. Transfer the dough to your buttered dish. Put an “X” in the center with a knife that’s been dipped in flour.
5. Bake at 350* for 1 hour and 15 mins.
6. Cool in the pan for at least 10 mins (if you take it out now, it will crumble everywhere). Slice it up and smother it with some butter!! Yum!