Chocolate Ganache Brownies by CaitlinCooks
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
11T unsalted butter
1 1/4C sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1C all purpose flour
3/4C heavy whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Combine 6oz of chocolate and the butter – melt over medium-high.
2. Whisk eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Whisk in the chocolate butter mixture. Stir in flour, than walnuts.
3. Pour the batter into a brownie pan and bake 26-28 mins (the center will come out w/ moist crumbs attached when you insert a skewer or toothpick…) When done, set the pan aside to cool.
4. Make the ganache: simmer cream and remaining chocolate over medium-high until chocolate melts. Pour this ganache over the cooled brownies. Let set for about 4 hours (I know the waiting sucks, but the ganache has to “set” so it’s not liquid).
5. Slice into even pieces and enjoy!