3C cake flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature, soft)
3C superfine sugar
1C sour cream
2C powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325*F. Grease your cake pan and dust lightly with flour. Scrub the lemons with extremely hot water. Zest 4 lemons (the other 2 are for the sauce). Cut the tops and bottoms off the lemons, remove the pith and put the remaining juice and pieces in a bowl.
2. Combine the sugar and the lemon zest, mix with your hands until it resembles wet sand (smells AMAZING).
3. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking soda, salt.
4. Beat the butter. Slowly add the lemon-sugar mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time. Change the setting to low and slowly add the dry ingredients. Add the sour cream. Fold in the lemon juice & pieces.
5. Pour into your baking pan and bake until the center comes out clean for 60 minutes. Keep checking every few minutes if it needs a bit longer.
6. Cool your cake in the pan for 20 minutes, cut around the rim of the pan, turn it over and flip it out.
7. Combine the juice of the 2 lemons you have left + some powdered sugar (about 2C) until it turns into a thick sauce. Pour it over the cake and enjoy!