– Water (stating the obvious): But, not just for drinking! If the water is shut off, you will need to wash your hands, brush your teeth, wash clothes, etc.
– Almond Butter and Nutella
– White Cheddar Popcorn
– Pop Chips
– Cereals: I like Basic 4, Kashi and something chocolate
– Dried Fruits/Nuts: cherries, cranberries, raisins, yogurt-covered almonds – stock up at the grocery bins!
– Pastas (you can easily toss it with some Wegmans basting oil and jarred peppers, olives, etc. for a dish).
– Mrs. Grass’ Chicken Noodle Soup (or your favorite pre-packed soups).
– Prepared pesto
– Tortellini (Wegmans has a good brand or Buitoni is great).
– Beans: kidney, garbanzo, cannellini
– Canned Tuna
– Canned Tomatoes
– Canned Peppers, Olives, Artichokes
– Apples, Bananas, Carrots, Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Romaine Lettuce, Potatoes, Onions.
– Yogurt (I like Activia)
Wine (Riesling) or try a “Mandatory Evacuation”: 2 oz rum, 4 oz lime soda, splash of pomegranate!
No Cook Recipes:
– Tuna Pita Salad: Toss together some arugula, canned tuna, chickpeas, roasted peppers, olives and chopped hard-boiled eggs. Add your favorite dressing (or some olive oil mixed w/ Dijon mustard, salt, pepper and lemon). Throw some pita chips on top.
– Turkey Wraps: Spinach tortilla wraps, deli turkey, sharp provolone cheese, hummus.
– Tapas Plate: prosciutto, ciabatta bread, your favorite cheese (I like parmesan or cranberry stilton), olives, roasted peppers, chickpeas, etc.
– Southwestern Salad: romaine lettuce, corn kernels, avocados, pinto beans, red onion, lime dressing.